Posted Tue, 22 Jun 2021 16:04:21 GMT by Paolo Tomasi EMA
From today, IRIS will scan all the submissions to identify those that have been inactive (no change in data) for more than 7 months, and send an email to the submission contact (a.k.a. portal contact) to inform of the upcoming deletion of the submission unless a change is made to the submission in the following 2 weeks.
If no change is made to the submission during that time, it will be deleted and definitively removed from the IRIS system, including any documents uploaded to IRIS. A final email will be sent to the submission contact, to notify the permanent removal of the submission from the system. 
Replies to the emails will not be read or acknowledged.
Posted Fri, 01 Apr 2022 09:43:38 GMT by Elena Cerretini
Does it mean that i will not find anymore even the submission completed more than 7 months before?
Thank you
Posted Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:27:49 GMT by Paolo Tomasi EMA

<strong>No, at present completed submissions, i.e. those that were successfully submitted and then received an outcome or were withdrawn, are retained indefinitely. The only submissions that are deleted and removed are those remaining in "draft" status for more than 7 months without any edit of the data.&nbsp;</strong>

Posted Mon, 11 Apr 2022 17:15:19 GMT by Irina Lazar-Contes
What about the submissions that are stuck in "In Submission" for several weeks now? There is no option to delete those, and even when re-uploading the excel with the corrected errors, nothing is happening in the system. In addition, some submissions are stuck in this step even without receiving a validation error message.<br> <br> Thank you in advance for the clarifications!<br> <br> &nbsp;
Posted Tue, 12 Apr 2022 07:53:42 GMT by Paolo Tomasi EMA
<strong>IRIS will not remove ongoing submissions automatically, only those in draft status. I assume you are referring to Marketing Status submissions: it should be possible to withdraw them manually, using the menu on the rightmost column of the submissions table (this may require horizontal scrolling, possible from the bottom of the table). If you are unable to request withdrawal of a submission, please raise a servicedesk ticket.&nbsp;</strong>
Posted Thu, 21 Apr 2022 14:36:51 GMT by Susanne Hense
This is what I found out about deletion of a draft submission:
1. Draft submissions can be deleted by the user.
2. However, if a submission had been submitted to report marketing status and is then under"ongoing", then validated and there were errors, the submission is back to "draft" - these draft submissions cannot be deleted by the user.

Posted Thu, 21 Apr 2022 15:03:22 GMT by Paolo Tomasi EMA
Yes, that is correct and it is by design: once a draft submission is actually submitted, it cannot be deleted by a user, even if it returns to a draft status (because of errors, or because EMA staff has reopened it, as occurs in other procedures). These submissions have become associated to a case and cannot be deleted directly by the user. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.