Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 10:52:58 GMT by Susanne Hense
Dear IRIS users
new IRIS users in my company cannot log-in in IRIS, although they have an IRIS Industry Manager Role and and an EMA Microsoft account.
They receive 2 error messages "Registration is disabled" and "Invalid sign-in attempt".
The new users have asked EMA Service Desk, but until now SD could not help.

I would like to clarify if this is a company specific issue:
Do you have similar experience in your companies?

Many thanks in advance,
kind regards, Susanne
Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 15:08:57 GMT by Thor Kastilan Dr.
Dear Susanne,

we experienced the same problem. The first recommendations of the EMA help desk do not help. If you contact them again, they perform a re-sync of the roles, which solved the problem in our case. Obviously communication between the EMA-account and IRIS doesn´t work properly: The roles are fixed in the EMA-account but IRIS doesn´t know that. What´s why this error message appears.

Good luck!

BG, Thor
Posted Wed, 24 Aug 2022 15:35:32 GMT by Paolo Tomasi EMA
When login is not possible and the message above appears, the causes can be multiple. One attempt that can be made is to use a different browser, and if possible a "InPrivate" window (also called "Incognito" window) to access the system. It has been reported that when a user has multiple Microsoft accounts, of which one with EMA, the browser may become confused and try to open the IRIS portal using the credentials of the other Microsoft account. Using an "InPrivate" window could sort that.

If this fails, it is necessary to open a Servicedesk ticket to request a re-sync of the account.

Due to a problem with the integration routine between the EMA Identity and Account Management meeting system and IRIS, and to an increase in submissions and requests due to the return from holidays, EMA Servicedesk is experiencing a surge of requests, so it may take more than usual to perform the re-sync, for which we apologize. EMA IT is aware of the background issue in the integration routine and is working towards a solution. 
Posted Thu, 25 Aug 2022 07:33:44 GMT by Anetta Warzocha QPPV
Dear Susanne,
in my case, Servicedesk solved this problem via a re-sync of my account.
Kind regards
Anetta
Posted Thu, 25 Aug 2022 21:55:43 GMT by Richard McFerron Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs

I had the same issue, and contacted the service desk twice. They asked me to change my password the first time, which did not solve the problem. The second time they had re-synchronized my accounts which did solve the issue. It looks like this has worked for a few people on this thread so far.

Posted Fri, 26 Aug 2022 05:06:37 GMT by Susanne Hense
Dear IRIS users,  thank you for your feedback. The synchronisation issue is also with the new feature: ORGs are requested via "Request Access for organisations" instead of "Manage my Access" they are not synchronised. My account had been synchronsied by Service Desk, but not those ORGs. I am still hoping that Service Desk Team can also solve this issue.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.